Tomatoes and cheese… what a perfect pairing! This family favorite offers a delicious combination of cheesy goodness, melted in between a juicy chicken breast and topped with sweet, saucy tomatoes. To further add to the deliciousness, serve with a side of salty, melt in your mouth brussels sprouts for one flavor-packed meal!
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Whole mozzarella cheese (cut into 1/4 inch slices)
- Canned diced tomatoes (basil, garlic & oregano added)
*Use 14.5 oz. can for 1-3 chicken breasts or 28 oz. can for 4 or more
- Brussels sprouts (washed and trimmed)
- Olive oil
- Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Cut chicken in half length-wise, creating a pocket
*Avoid cutting through to the other side
- Take sliced mozzarella and stuff chicken with 2 pieces per chicken breast
- Secure chicken and mozzarella by inserting 2 toothpicks at the opening of the pocket
- Drizzle olive oil into glass baking dish and season bottom with salt and pepper
- Place chicken breasts into the baking dish and coat each with olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder
- Pour the can of tomatoes over the chicken, coating the bottom of the dish as well
- Bake until internal temperature reaches 165°F (Approximately 35-45 minutes, depending on thickness)
- Meanwhile, prepare the brussels sprouts by cutting off the ends and cutting each in half, length-wise
- Place brussels sprouts face-side down in a frying pan that has been coated with olive oil
- Season generously with salt and pepper
- Cook on medium heat for 10 minutes (without flipping) until the under-sides become golden brown
- Plate both chicken and brussels sprouts and enjoy!
I hope your family enjoys this dinner as much as mine does! Thank you for reading and as always, feel free to comment below with any questions or feedback or to contact me directly!